EFFECTIVE DATE: October 01, 2011
This Policy notifies you of: (a) what personal information of yours is collected when you access SlimmingPoint.com and/or use the Services; (b) how the information is collected; (c) how the information is used and shared; (d) our efforts to maintain the security of Sensitive Information; and (e) other details concerning your personal information and our policies.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SlimmingPoint.com does not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage
Information Collection and Use
Information collected by SlimmingPoint.com is stored in a single, secure database, accessible only by BNI. SlimmingPoint.com collects information from our paying members (members) or other persons who use, attempt to use, or access SlimmingPoint.com or the Services (users) at several different points and from different sources, all or some of which may apply to you:
* Registration When you sign up as a customer or potential customer, we ask for, and you are required to give, your name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, credit card or checking account number, and credit card expiration date. Once you register with us, you are not anonymous to us.
* Cookies Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser.
* Log Files SlimmingPoint.com automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your Web browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We use IP addresses and cookies to analyze trends, administer the site, track members and users movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to your personal information.
* Information from Other Sources For reasons such as improving personalization of our Service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily
Use of Information
Information we collect is generally used for the following purposes:
1. To build features that will make the services available on our site easier to use. This includes faster search requests, better member support and timely notice of new services and special offers.
2. To improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our sites content, layout, and services. These uses improve our Services and better tailor them to meet your needs.
3. To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. At times, we may look across multiple members or users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your information to identify members using multiple Member Ids or aliases.
4. Sharing of Information. Except as otherwise provided herein, the information we collect from you is shared with our marketing partners or other third parties. We may use the personal information that you supply to us and we may work with other third parties to bring selected retail opportunities to you via direct mail, email and telemarketing. SlimmingPoint.com may sell or rent aggregated statistical information and user, member or former member specific information, including name, address, telephone number and payment information, to our marketing partners or other third-parties. If you want SlimmingPoint.com to stop sharing information it has about you in the future, you may notify us of this fact by contacting SlimmingPoint.com’s Member Services department.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information, including Sensitive Information, when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a request by a government official, to protect the rights or property of SlimmingPoint.com, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event that SlimmingPoint.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, member information and Sensitive Information may be some of the transferred assets.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from member lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing member services. They have access to personal and Sensitive Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Offers and Announcements
We send all new members a welcoming email or other notification to verify password and username. Active customers and former customers will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
SlimmingPoint.com takes every precaution to protect our users and members Sensitive Information, both online and offline. Your Sensitive Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Sensitive Information is encrypted and is protected online with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
Sensitive Information is also protected offline in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or member services representative) are granted access to Sensitive Information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security practices and changes in those practices. Finally, the servers that we store Sensitive Information on are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to us using SlimmingPoint.com online contact form.
SlimmingPoint.com forwards users and members to other sites. Please be aware that SlimmingPoint.com is not responsible for the business and privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the legal notices and privacy policies of each and every website you visit.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a members personal information changes we will endeavor to provide a way to correct or update that members personal data provided to us. This can usually be done by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post these changes on our Homepage or provide other notification of our revised Policy so our users and members are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and when we disclose it.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection
SlimmingPoint.com serves general users of the World Wide Web. We support and comply with the Childrens Online Protection Act (COPPA) and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do we share such information with third parties. Children under the age of 18 may use SlimmingPoint.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Special Notification for California Residents, Your California Privacy Rights
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to SlimmingPoint.com may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us using SlimmingPoint.com online contact form. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.